Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Transition...














































I guess while I'm on here, I'll add a few more pics about my transition. (I am 7 weeks late!!) But anyway, I have been natural for 3.5 years before "taking the plunge" and getting "locked up!" I must say it has been very liberating to say the least.

Before going natural, I was a fanatic about my hair. I had a short cut and would "sleep pretty" just so I would not mess it up. Laying on my back was out of the question. I couldn't have a hair or a curl out of place. It had to be "tight" at all times, and I must say it was. After, starting grad school, I no longer had the time, nor wanted to spend $40 a week getting my hair done, so I let it grow out some and started getting singles.
The singles looked good, but I did not like taking them out. What a pain in the arms!!! Anyway, transitioned into kinky twists in 2006 and have loved them ever since. Not to mention the pressing of the hair and getting natural styles with that. Wigs... Fros... A sew in... Kinky twists... Fros... You name it, I have done it on my journey here. In the process you may notice that I lost a couple of people too!

Life goes on!!
So anyway, enjoy the picture journey to my sister locks! Will do another post with pictures of the first two weeks at another time! If you live in Cleveland, isn't the weather beautiful!!???

Be Blessed!

1 comment:

Docs Locs said...

Get out! And a soror too. I knew there was something extraordinary about you!

OO-oop!