Thursday, November 6, 2008

1st re-tighening







Hello,

I got my first retightening on Monday, November 3, 2008 and it was tight! I did not know that I would feel like I just got it done all over again. I was amazed at how much it had grown also. I will include pictures of it, once I figure out how to attach them to this particular post.

I must say that I can't stay out of the mirror. I just absolutely love it! Today, as I took a break from starting to work on my dissert, I went to the cafeteria in the hospital to get some dinner. A woman began talking to me about my hair and asking several questions, ranging from "what are they?", to "how long did it take?", to "it is your hair isn't it??" Anyway, I was very happy to answer her questions. She was trying to figure out what to do with her hair. I'd also like to add that she commented on my make-up and said how nice it was. It is such a wonderful feeling when people walk up to you and want to engage you. It keeps me encouraged. As always, compliments are nice, but I love to give them much more than I like to recieve them.

To anyone who is thinking of doing it, talk to people who have locked their hair, do your research, and just take a chance on yourself. You may just like what you see!!

Be Blessed!


2 comments:

Linda said...

Girl, I can't believe that you are already at your first tightenings. You are rockin' those locks. By the way your pics show how far you have come in more than one way in the past few years. Be blessed and keep seeking His will and His way...

Lovinitnappy

LockedUp!! said...

Thanks Linda. It is amazing to me also. It has been so fun. I can't wait to see how we continue to transform one another. By the way, I heard what you said, went to the Throne about it, and put it out there. As difficult as it is to sit on my hands, I am glad that I am leaving it in God's.

After all, He knows best!

Be blessed!