Sunday, November 2, 2008

Finally!!

Hello all!! I have decided to take the plunge and start a blog to share my sister lock journey! This is the first time that I have ever done anything like this, so please allow for grace and mercy.

Currently, I am at work and didn't realize that the time would be set back again, so I'm looking at the clock thinking, "wasn't it 1:30 am an hour ago??" If I had known I would be at work for 13+ hours instead of 12; I may have reconsidered. However, I will not complain because I am thankful for the work that I have been blessed to do.

Anyway, it has been 6 weeks and 4 days, since my locks were born. I must say, that I absolutely love it!! I never knew that I could be so in love with my hair. I loved it when it was natural and rocking fros or kinky twist, however, this is a different experience all together. I have not been for my first re-tightening yet. I will go on Monday. I am so excited!! My hair has grown so much since I had them put in. I'll have to update with pics!

I of course would like to thank my sisters in Christ and colleagues, Linda and Teona for encouraging me as I made my decision to get locked up!! They referred my to my consultant Tracy, who is also their consultant and lock mistro (if I can call her that!). I was so scared and didn't know what it would look like, but after having my kinky twists in for three months and they were starting to fuse, and some act like they wanted to lock up- I knew that it was time. So here I am and loving it!

Well, I am going to end this now because I need to check on my patients. They are all sleeping, but they need to know that I am checking on them.

So in closing, I would like to say I am very proud to be a part of the Sister Lock family and thanks to those who have welcomed me with open arms!

In Him,
Brandon

No comments: