Thursday, December 4, 2008

KIM:Keeping it Moving!!

Well... It has been a very interesting past 2 weeks for me. Christ is continuing to be patient with me and allowing me to grow. Currently, I am supposed to be writing and studying; however, this seems a little more relaxing to do right now.

I must admit that I am still absolutely loving my hair! I have had to go in to get a few locks retightened and one completely replaced due to slippage around the edges, but otherwise things have been going fairly well. I have to admit that I can not stay from in front of a camera! A dear friend of mine who encouraged me to "take the plunge" of locking said to me early on, "no two days will be the same." I thought that she was kidding! Seriously, no two days have been the same. I try to capture a certain look or keep a similar style for the next day- it never works.

However, I have discovered that depending on what I use to tie my hair with at night, will dictate how my hair will look the next day. For example, if I want a shorter look, I wear an old pair of stockings. Don't gasp, it's just me, so I don't have anyone to look good for! When I want a fuller and longer look, I sleep in a satin bonnet. Both have worked out really well and I am having a great time. The look I like most though, is right after I wash it and let it air dry. My hair does what it wants to do and I just allow it to have its freedom!

I must admit, I am a little scared in trying updo's or really "fancy stuff" right now because it is so new. It will be three months in two weeks! I can't believe it- the time has flown by! Anyway, I must return to my task at hand.

If I don't get a chance to say it later, have a wonderful, blessed, and joyous Holiday Season!!

In Him,
Brandon

No comments: